Monday 1 April 2013

Speaking from Experience

After our group crit I decided I wanted to make my cookbook specifically directed at packed lunches, as in my own and in many other people's opinions, the biggest cause of spending unnecessary amounts of money on food is lunch during the day at college.




I did some research to find out how much on average people spend on lunch a day and it came out between £3.00 and £4.00, approximately £15.00-£20.00 a week.
In order to find ways of cutting down on this, the packed lunches I will be suggesting will use things that might have previously been made for dinner, substitutes for expensive sandwich fillings like more expensive cheeses and a balanced approach to at least one meal a day.




I wanted to make it  a pretty illustrative approach in terms of the contents,  so I started making some simple designs for foods often used in sandwiches that I could reuse in a lot of them.







After some of the suggestions in our first crit, I decided I wanted to involve some sort of packaging or something to use for a packed lunch. I decided I would use the packaging for the posters themselves and make it into a lunchbox.
This was I could illustrate the exterior design of the lunchbox, allowing me to keep it simple on the outside as something that could be used again and again.

I started making some simple designs that would make the outside of the box look like the inside. I used illustrator to design some basic food in a balanced packed lunch.






No comments:

Post a Comment