Sunday 24 March 2013

Speaking From Experience Design Boards and Crit





The feedback I received in our first crit was mostly positive, with good feedback on my plans for production, making it a cookbook theme with recipes illustrated in a decorative manner that could be folded out and used as posters as well.
Since my whole concept is to be saving money in terms of food, I had given some thought to making it very specific, towards perhaps easy recipes to be used as substitutes for takeaway meals or substitutes for fast food. After my crit it was advised that I could direct the cookbook at packed lunches. When I thought about this, people do spend about £4.00 a day on buying food in our around college for lunch which adds up to quite a lot. It was also suggested that I could create an accompanying product to the cook book, perhaps a custom lunch box or bag.
Earlier in the week, Danielle Muntyan and I had decided to collaborate very casually since she had the idea for a typogateaux themed baking book. We each wanted to get on with our own book but keep it of a similar style and theme as each other so they could work as a two part. However, when I spoke about this in my crit, Simon and some others suggested that we don't get bogged down into working in a partnership. Both ideas were very specific and may not actually end up falling in to the same category, so we are rethinking the decision to work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment