Saturday 29 March 2014

OUGD505 33 - Business Cards and Letterhead

I tried out some simple variations on layout for the business cards. I thought that I would like to use a gold foiling for the logo, and perhaps for the smaller text, although the detail of the smaller body may be harder to effectively foil.














I chose the two designs that I felt best embodied the glamour and decadence of the era, and that best fit into the art deco theme that resonates throughout the publication I made.



I chose to simplify the design a lot more for the letterheads. I initially wanted to use a black stock and to print gold copy and logo onto it, but found that it would be harder to use for mass production, so instead decided to use a black envelope with the logo foiled onto it.






While I found that the art deco theme generally translates to the less symmetrical designs, I think that the one with all the information centred on the page fitted better in the context, given that the text would be aligned to the left.




No comments:

Post a Comment