Wednesday 9 January 2013

Research, Collect, Communicate, j.r.r. Tolkien cont.

After the group crit and finding out the brief, I was left deciding between whether to base my project on Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit or on the fairytale and fantasy genre as a whole. However I concluded that doing the genre as a whole wouldn't really allow me to have as much focus on one area as the topic is so vast.
I started looking more at the idea of a series of film posters and started looking at those designed by Noma Bar, a designer I was told to look at in the crit.







I found I was particularly interested in the illusion side of his posters, taking two elements of the film/television programme and using them as features of the other, for example the guns used as facial features on the Pulp Fiction poster. I started looking at other designs with the same multi-dimensional style.







No comments:

Post a Comment