Saturday 12 January 2013

Research, Collect, Communicate

For this brief I chose to focus on Publication and Promotion as, in opposition to distribution and/or packaging, with my topic it would give me a bigger opportunity to include more original infographics. I gathered ideas including magazines and posters but eventually landed on the idea of doing book jackets for the Lord of the Rings book series.





After deciding on my audience (young teenagers who don't take the time to read) a starting coming up with some ideas for the infographic themselves that would actually entice a viewer to read the book, without giving away much of the story. I started looking at creating character profiles and quiz style flow charts, something that the viewer could interact with. For someone who doesn't know the plot, the vast amount of information Tolkien provides can make the story confusing and overwhelming. I want the infographics to simplify it, so it doesn't seem a daunting book series to read.







No comments:

Post a Comment