Tuesday 13 November 2012

Message and Delivery Part 2 Initial ideas

After doing a little research into designs for posters promoting security of homes, basically everything i came across was based on information and network security. I found a couple that related to security of the home and property theft:





After looking at these I thought that none of them were really scary or shocking enough provoke some kind of reaction from a viewer.

I wanted to include something to show outside the house as scary and dangerous, and with inside the home being a safe place that no one would want tainted by the idea of a break in. I tried some examples featuring a view from inside to outside and showing outside as intimidating and unsafe. I looked at the ideas of making the outside of a window or door a scene from a warzone, jungle or riot, each of these exaggerating that someone needs to be safe in their own home.

I had some ideas involving a view from inside a window to out (to show the dangerous scene), but I also looked at showing a door with all the locks, bolts and chains to keep a house safe not being used.




After thinking about each option, I found that using a warzone or riot scene might mislead a viewer in understanding the point of the poster, as each of these are issues for Britain in their own right, whereas using a jungle scene isn't something the average British person would be confronted with. I also decided that looking out of a window would be better to show the dangers of outside over using an unlocked door.

No comments:

Post a Comment