Wednesday 14 November 2012

Message and Delivery Part 2

After deciding to make the outside scene a jungle, a drew a rough idea of how I wanted the window to look, before scanning it in and adapting it on illustrator. When I saw it on a computer I thought it could do with being simplified, a lot of what I drew wasn't really necessary. I used brown for the window frame and two shades of green for the jungle. I used the pen tool to define and straighten the edges of the window and just made some make shift shapes on another layer to fit behind the window frame.




For the first poster I filled the background the same lighter shade of green, and on the second I used Impact pt 120 with the slogan 'It's a jungle out there.' and written underneath was 'Prepare and prevent, don't repair and repent.' which I oddly remember being told when a policeman came to talk to my class in year 3. I chose the typeface based on headlines and titles, what you would read before delving into something.




I thought upon seeing these versions that while I wanted to go for simplicity these just seemed too simple and a little dull. I thought of a second slogan for the type poster to explain how easy and simple it is to lock up your house. I tried to play with the phrase 'It's as easy as ABC' and soon came up with A.B.C. standing for Always Be Careful.



To make the image poster a little more dynamic I decided to split the window and put it at each side, putting a picture frame in the middle. To make it all a little more unsettling, I used the pen tool to create a crack in the middle of the picture frame. While I was doing this I realised that there was too much colour with the green background so i replaced it with a white stock.



However, I was still unhappy with the lack of impact made by the type poster so I changed it around, leaving only the 'ABC' slogan. I blew up ABC and put the words 'always be careful' within them. Annoyingly since I had only a couple of days to complete this brief I was running out of time and moved onto the final poster.



This was kept very simple, using only the window and the original slogan from the type poster. I just placed one next to the other, and played around with highlighting some elements of the type.

Final three posters:





I wasn't too happy with the type or the type and image poster and would have liked to have the chance to spend more time on them, I may go back to them when I have the time and try and change them to a version i'd be happier with. I feel like the type poster looks like it's trying to have some sort of impact but it isn't really having much.










No comments:

Post a Comment