Tuesday 13 November 2012

Message and Delivery Part 3 Research

After the last brief I tried to explore how I could make a mailshot dynamic, since the point of my poster designs was for the viewer to take action, prompting a receiver to take greater notice of it. Making the contents of the envelope a poster that someone would want to keep would leave a message in their household for as long as they keep it up. I decided I wanted to keep it informal, maybe including a task. I looked at folding out the envelope to reveal the contents printing on the reverse side.



I found a great example of an envelope which showed off the same idea effectively.



The idea of 'Mapenvelop' was that printed on the inside of the envelope was a Google Maps image of where the letter was sent from. This was the exact idea I had in mind in that I wanted someone to take notice of the envelope as the design as oppose to the contents.

I looked at some other designs for specially designed envelopes, and despite most of these being hand drawn illustrations, I found some great designs on creativereview.co.uk in an article for the Mail Me Art: Medium Without A Message exhibition at the Red Gate gallery in South London.







No comments:

Post a Comment