Wednesday 30 April 2014

OUGD505 Packaging

In light of the rebrand, I wanted to keep the theme constant and so chose to package the bottle in a crate-style wooden box, as drinks like moonshine would have been transported. I also thought that I could add to this by lining the box with straw, which was used as cushioning for the bottles.

I thought about making the box myself, but found that not only was the wood I needed quite expensive, but I didn't think I would have the time to make it the way I wanted it to be. Instead, I looked on eBay to see what I could find that would be fitting:





I found that the first few I looked at were constrained by size, and some also appeared a bit too well made when I wanted them to seem quite cheaply assembled.

The one I eventually bought was more like a crate than the other, and while ideally my first choice would have been for the wooden slates to appear more worn, the newer wood used allowed for it to appear more modern, which would be an aesthetic of it's mass production.


No comments:

Post a Comment