Saturday 13 October 2012

Alphabet Soup - Part 2 PowerCrit


In this weeks crit we presented our work to Amber, Simon and the 5 other group members. I was pretty much set on my idea before the crit, having researched a lot of initial ideas and landed on something that resembled the work of Peter Saville, my partner Suzie's favourite designer.




Some of my initial ideas were a bit unrealistic, for example one type face I designed was meant to be seen from above but it many of the letters weren't recognisable and a large amount of them looked the same. I briefly toyed with the idea of adapting famous buildings into letters to exaggerate Suzie's interest in architecture but I realised that not only would that go slightly off topic, since she may not be interested in the buildings i used, but I would also simple not have enough time to research and design 32 different buildings for each form.

This was when I started looking into Peter Saville and found that I could easily transform elements of his distinctive style.




Points I will work on after the crit feedback:

  • Explore the use of other typefaces as a base
  • Experiment with adapting designs to lowercase letterforms
  • Try to include more than one element of Suzie's personality in the designs
  • Explore some of the other designs before I completely settle on this one - more design sheets to experiment

No comments:

Post a Comment