Thursday 5 December 2013

OUGD504 Design For Print And Web - Brief Analysis

For this session we were required to select and bring three ISTD briefs from previous years that we were interested in pursuing for Studio Brief 3.
We were first required to underline the words we considered to be most important in the brief, and after doing this exercise and examining some of the words we selected, we found that a lot of the words we chose were irrelevant or 'fluff', words used to pad out the brief and make it appear more interesting upon the first read.

After this exercise we chose one brief and were given some questions that we were to find a selection of answers to, allowing us to identify the areas we may have problems with and what we need to consider to fulfil the requirements of the brief.




After this we rewrote the brief, allowing us to shape it in a way that was applicable to the problems and considerations we discovered while answering the questions.

Rewriting the brief allowed me to create a clear concept for my brief and a direction I could follow to start developing my ideas. After doing this, I looked into restaurant branding, logos, menus and locations to help me finalise my own ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment