Saturday 28 December 2013

OUGD504 Design For Print and Web Website Mock Ups

I planned to have a simply functioning website as the web counterpart for this brief, as I felt it would be more applicable to a restaurant brand than an app would.

I came up with a simple wireframe to get down all of the pages that I wanted to include, and then made up some basic scamps to show the potential layout options:









I decided to use the layout that centred all of the information given, as this would allow for me to use an image in the background, of the food or of an interior that I thought suitable.



I kept the same rule of thirds layout as used for the menus, this way the layout could be different but would aesthetically work in the same way and maintain a level of consistency throughout.


I chose to differ the home page from the other pages, so instead of using any text to describe the restaurant I would just do it with images in the background of each page. With this in mind I chose to centre the logo and navigation bar more on the home page than others, making it the main focus. On other pages it will be smaller and not centred.



I placed the navigation bar just over halfway down the page, still in Helvetica Neue Light. This was it has a likeness to the logo.


I used an image of an afternoon tea tray that I found while doing research as I wanted that to be a big focus of the restaurant. However, this image made it difficult to see the text.


I didn't want to obscure the image too much so just placed some white panels with a low transparency behind the text so it is readable.




I changed the format slightly for the other pages, placing the header and navigation bar at the top and allowing room for content below:













No comments:

Post a Comment