Friday 10 January 2014

OUGD503 D&AD The Body Shop

Based on my research, I had concluded that I wanted to capitalise on the natural and ethical ethos of The Body Shop Brand, and make this the main focus. Another thing that I had gathered from my research was that I wanted to venture away from the photographic element that the brand have previously focused on, similarly I want to find a way to sell a product without making it the primary focus of the poster.

After some brainstorming, I decided to go back to an idea I had used earlier in the year and improve it. I wanted to experiment again with bleeding inks and watercolours onto paper and using them as the design. I found that this method could lend itself to the sort of stripped down approach I was taking to the brand and it's products.

I chose a selection of colours to represent each product (based on the existing packaging and promotion of the product), and ended up with the following:









I found that some of the colour schemes were more effective than others so chose one per product to use for the posters, and positioned them as I though best caught the mix of colours.


I found that this colour best represented the Body Butter, as aside from the colours appearing natural and similar to that of skin tones, it is also similar to the colour of the product itself.


The existing packaging for White Musk Eau Du Parfum uses a very similar colour scheme to the colours in this design.


I found that this combination of colours best represented the Colour Crush Lipstick, which has a selection of very vibrant pinks and reds.


Similar to the White Musk, these colours best reflected the existing packaging for the Nutriganics Drops of Youth.

I chose a more diverse colour selection for my campaign poster (for Refuge, a charity that supports women and children that are victims of domestic violence) as I thought this would best encourage diversity within the campaign:



No comments:

Post a Comment