Wednesday 15 January 2014

OUGD503 D&AD The Body Shop

I chose to keep the layout and format of each poster very simple, including the name of the product, the logo and some sort of tagline to use alongside the product that refers to its use. With this in mind I used a basic rule of thirds guide for the posters and kept the positioning of text simple with subtle variations.











I decided to include some sort of pun or frequently used phrase to assign to each product, as I thought that this would make that product more memorable to the viewer, similarly, they will be reminded of that product if the phrase associated with it were to come up in conversation.

After brainstorming some ideas for them, I found a selection that I thought were appropriately applicable to each product.
In terms of typographic choices, I wanted to choose something light and simple, but that would also be able to hold its own against the slightly busier background. I felt that since I had chosen not to use a lot of type or image that it was extremely important for the little text I do use to jump out as much as possible.
I chose to use Helvetica Neue Ultralight, and by experimenting with the size I was able to make this light text appear demanding of attention.





I changed the colours around once I applied the background images as the black wasn't working against the more vibrant colours:





I used a slightly different format for the campaign poster as it would be carrying more information on it than the product posters:






Once I had chosen an initial format, I put all the appropriate information for both The Body Shop and Refuge, including a brief explanation of the charity, it's logo and The Body Shop's logo.





No comments:

Post a Comment