Wednesday 8 January 2014

OUGD504 Design For Print and Web Crit

For the crit today, I had prepared to present my final menus, business card and letterhead, along with the product mock ups and website mock ups.

This is the feedback I received:

  • Strong two tone colour scheme
  • Significant range of concepts
  • Strong consistency throughout the branding
  • Consider folders to protect the menus
  • Consider your printing methods and stock choices ie. matt lamination
  • Think about some 'quirky' things for the interior; clipboards
The crit made me think about ways best to preserve the menu, and while I could have them printed on a thin and cheap stock, which wouldn't be reused but just thrown away afterwards, I quite want the brand to promote a natural and eco-friendly environment, therefore not wasting that amount of paper.

I narrowed it down to the idea of a wooden clipboard to mount the menu, which would give it some durability as people would not be handling the menu itself, or to mall laminate the stock, giving it some strength without appearing too laminated, as I wanted to avoid a glossy effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment