Saturday 16 November 2013

OUGD504 Design For Print Screen Printing Booklet

Initially I intended to replicate the layout in all the booklets, but found that some of the illustrations I wanted to use didn't fit in every format, so I decided to vary them.

Screen Printing booklet:







I tried to maintain a similar format here, but again, with the incorporation of imagery I had planned it is likely to be altered once all the other elements are added.

At this stage I had already prepared the digital print booklet to the point at which I wanted to receive feedback, and since I had used both the diagrams and the background imagery for it, I decided to go in a slightly different direction with this booklet, to show the viewer the two different options I was considering.

I used the outline of some of the photographs I had taken in the print room, simple filling in the silhouettes with a mix of Cyan, Magenta and Yellow. I put these together to create a collage that in my opinion replicated the quality a screen print gives over other printing methods.
Again, this was a way to show the advantages of screen printing over other printing methods and to exhibit where it's strengths lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment