Wednesday 13 November 2013

OUGD504 Design For Print Packaging and Prototypes

It was my intention throughout this brief for the booklets to be easy to use while in the print room. In order for this to be realistic, they needed to be small to fit inside a pocket, and after some consideration I concluded that they would need some form of packaging, to avoid any damage being done to the booklets if they were to be carried in a pocket.

Before brainstorming a few ideas, I did some research into what packaging would be both innovative and appropriate to the format.












I brainstormed a few ideas of my own and concluded that a 'pouch' like form of packaging would best suit the format. It's simple and protective and could be used to emulate the design of the booklets.

I made a simple prototype of both a booklet and the accompanying pouch to assess how these would work in conjunction with one another:








With the right dimensions, the booklet slotted perfectly into the prototype packaging, and likewise slipped out just as easily. I carried the prototype back from college loose in my bag and the packaging stopped any damage being done to the booklet inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment